Dragonflies


Media: Oil/Acrylic Painting

Size: 14 x 18 

I find it so sad that Dragonflies have such a short life.  Because of that, it is important to me to capture their beauty while I can. Here in the Pacific North West the dragonflies are big and the garden is full of them swooping and souring out of the woods and across the lawns in bright flashes of color all summer long. They are attracted by the water in the nearby lake.  There is a poem by Ashton Mill and a verse from it describes what I try to paint:

“The sun and wind combine to make
A million diamonds on my lake,
Ripple-flash echoes on my mill
My dragonflies are brighter still.”
0 Responses

Post a Comment

  • About Me

    As an artist in oils and mixed media, I draw my inspiration from books I have read, from music and legends, and from my experiences living and traveling in many different countries such as Europe, Scandinavia, the Far East and here in America. Most of my work is from my imagination and also sometimes from memories of people and landscapes which touched me in some way. I try to experiment with different media to reflect the excitement of movement and color in my pieces. Ideas often come to me in the middle of the night, or while sitting quietly in my studio, or reading. The pieces that seem to interest the viewer are almost always the ones I feel most passionate about myself. Making art is a wonderful way of sharing.